7 Leroy Street, Front Door Detail
Built in 1830-31, this is one of 13 federal style houses in Lower Manhattan which Village Preservation and the NY Landmarks Conservancy proposed for landmark designation in 2002. It is among the 10 of the 13 which were landmarked, designated as part of the Greenwich Village Historic District Extension II (South Village) which Village Preservation advocated for in 2010. Through Village Preservation’s efforts, it was also listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places in 2013.
7 Leroy Street via Google Streetview.
From: Susan De Vries — Federal Rowhouses in Lower ManhattanView Full Collection
Copyright restrictions may apply. Permission to publish or reproduce must be secured from Village Preservation.