← View All

Image Tag: Great NYC landmarks

555 Hudson Street Open Door Detail

555 Hudson Street is the former home of Jane Jacobs, where in 2020 Village Preservation placed a plaque honoring her time here (watch the video of the unveiling here).

    555 Hudson Street

    555 Hudson Street is the former home of Jane Jacobs, where in 2020 Village Preservation placed a plaque honoring her time here (watch the video of the unveiling here).

      View from Washington Square Arch

      Much if this area south of Washington Square was landmarked in 2013 and 2016 as part of the South Village and Sullivan Thompson Historic Districts proposed and fought for by … Continued

        203 Prince Street

        This 1834 house was individually landmarked in 1974. In 2016 Village Preservation was able to get it and its surroundings landmarked as part of the Sullivan-Thompson Historic District, and listed on the … Continued

          131 Charles Street

          Village Preservation was able to get this perfectly intact 1834 federal style rowhouse, which was individually landmarked in 1966, landmarked along with dozens of surrounding buildings as part of the Greenwich … Continued

            102 Bedford Street

            The West Village landmark also know as “Twin Peaks” was originally built as a rowhouse around 1830 and expanded and modified into its current “Swiss Chalet” form in 1925. In … Continued

              52 West 8th Street

              Since 1970, this building has housed Electric Lady Studios, the first artist-run recording studio, built and founded by Jimi Hendrix. It was landmarked in 1969 as part of the Greenwich … Continued

                (l. to. r.) 42, 40 Bedford Street

                These 1835-36 houses, built as part of a row and originally identical, were altered in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. They were landmarked along with their surroundings in … Continued

                  40-42 Leroy Street

                  These two 1836-37 houses were landmarked along with their surroundings in 2010 as a result of Village Preservation’s campaign and proposal for a South Village Historic District, as part of … Continued

                    36 East Third Street

                    This 1835-36 Greek Revival house is part of a row of similar houses where were landmarked along with much of their surroundings in 2012 as part of the East Village/Lower East … Continued

                      20 St. Marks Place

                      This 1832 house known as the Daniel Leroy house was once one of the grandest residences in Manhattan. It was designated an individual landmark in 1969. 20 St. Marks Place … Continued

                        20 St. Marks Place, detail

                        This 1832 house known as the Daniel Leroy house was once one of the grandest residences in Manhattan. It was designated an individual landmark in 1969. 20 St. Marks Place … Continued

                          20 St. Marks Place, window detail

                          This 1832 house known as the Daniel Leroy house was once one of the grandest residences in Manhattan. It was designated an individual landmark in 1969. 20 St. Marks Place … Continued

                            (l. to r.) 19, 17, and 15 King Street

                            These three houses were built jointly in 1826 and once all looked like no. 15 and 17. They and their surroundings were landmarked in 1966 as part of the Charlton-King-VanDam Historic … Continued

                              440 West 15th Street

                              This 1893 structure was built by William Waldorf Astor to house a fleet of electric cars for the Nabisco Factory and headquarters across the street (now Chelsea Market). Village Preservation … Continued

                                9-19 Ninth Avenue

                                This building on the corner of Little West 12th Street was constructed in the 1880s for William Astor & John Jacob Astor IV. Village Preservation proposed and secured landmark designation … Continued

                                  400-414 West 14th Street at Ninth Avenue

                                  Village Preservation proposed and secured landmark designation for these late 19th and early 20th century Meatpacking and industrial buildings as part of the Gansevoort Market Historic District in 2003, and got the … Continued

                                    14th Street and Ninth Avenue Meatmarket, (2000)

                                    Village Preservation proposed and secured landmark designation for the Gansevoort Market Historic District, including all the buildings seen on the west side of 9th Avenue and 14th Street, in 2003, and … Continued

                                      1-5 Minetta Lane

                                      These ca. 1840 houses altered in 1924 as part of an effort to attract “bohemian” residents were landmarked as part of the South Village Historic District Village Preservation proposed and fought … Continued

                                        Blown Out Windows at 140 West Street

                                        This image is part of the Louis “Sonny” DeLuccy collection, which is dedicated in memory of Sonny and to honor him and others as heroes for their sacrifice. This image of Ground Zero was … Continued

                                          Closer View of Exoskeleton from West Street

                                          This image is part of the Louis “Sonny” DeLuccy collection, which is dedicated in memory of Sonny and to honor him and others as heroes for their sacrifice. This image of Ground Zero was … Continued