APPROVED on 02/16/2010
Greenwich Village Historic District
Corner of West 12th & Greenwich Streets
A neo-Federal style hotel building designed by Ralph Townsend and built in 1905. Application is to alter entrances, install marquees, install window openings, and modify rooftop additions.
This application is closed. Application approved with modifications on February 16, 2010.
Status as of February 16th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
A public hearing on this application was held at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on February 16th, 2010. The Commission approved the application, but asked for modifications to the proposal.
The proposal was to convert the building from a nursing home to a residential building.
The applicant proposed to remove the existing rooftop shed, which was visible from the street (see photo below of the existing conditions at the NE corner). They also proposed to reconfigure the rooftop addition with a new stair bulkhead, elevator bulkhead & chimney.
The Commission approved of all aspects of the proposal, except that they asked that there only be one canopy. They approved the canopy on the north facade’s main entrance, but asked that the north facade’s mansion entrance canopy be removed.