APPROVED on 04/06/2010
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between East 8th & East 9th Streets
An apartment building built in 1956. Application is to enclose a portion of a terrace.
This application is closed. Application approved on April 6, 2010.
A public hearing on this application was held at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on Tuesday, April 6th. The application was approved.
The applicant proposed changes to the unit on the 19th Floor of the East 9th Street side of the building. The main components of the proposal were:
1) To enclose a portion of the terrace with matching brick and new window openings.
2) To create new openings in the existing masonry for new terrace doors
3) To replace existing multi-pane terrace doors with single-pane terrace doors
4) To create new openings in the existing masonry for AC units.
5) To install new retractable awnings