APPROVED on 04/08/2014
CB2 hearing: 07/01/2013
LPC hearing: 07/09/2013
LPC continued hearing: 09/17/2013
CB2 hearing II: 01/13/2014
LPC hearing II: 01/21/2014
LPC meeting: 04/08/2014
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between 10th and Charles Streets
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A commercial building designed by Scacchetti & Siegel and built in 1937. Application is to demolish the existing building and to construct a new building. Zoned C2-6.
2) View the application:
- third approved design (4/8/14 LPC meeting) and LPC video
- second design (1/21/14 LPC hearing II)
- first design (7/9/13 LPC hearing I)
3) LPC Designation Report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 4/8/14: Application approved at today’s LPC public meeting (video), and is now closed. The commissioners were very enthusiastic overall with this design and were happy to see the reduction of the building’s height.
- 4/4/14: Application will be presented at the LPC public meeting on 4/8 at 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room at approx. 11:15 AM. The public cannot testify at this time, but is welcome to attend. Based on commissioners’ comments and testimony from the second public hearing on 1/21, the applicant will present revisions to the application.
- 1/22/14: Application heard at yesterday’s LPC public hearing, but the commissioners did not vote. Instead they asked that the applicant work on revisions, which include bringing the building down a story or two in height and re-designing the facade. The applicant will present revisions at a future public meeting, date TBD.
- 1/14/14: A new design was presented at last night’s CB2 meeting. Please see above for new link.
- 1/7/14: This application will be presented to CB2 again on 1/13 and to the LPC on 1/21.
- 9/18/13: At yesterday’s LPC public meeting, the commissioners took a vote of no action on this application. Among other issues, they felt that the proposed building is too tall and the design overall doesn’t respond to the site (it feels too industrial in a non-industrial area). They also felt that more design thought should be given to the rear elevation facing the interior of the block. The applicant will present revisions to the proposal at a future public meeting, date TBD.
- 9/13/13: Application scheduled to meet on 9/17 at the LPC as a continuation of the 7/9 public hearing. Commissioners will respond to the design proposal at this time. It will take place at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor hearing room. Scheduled to be presented at 3:30 P.M. but we recommend arriving at least 30 minutes prior to account for scheduling changes.
- 7/9/13: This application was heard at today’s public hearing. The LPC commissioners decided to leave their discussion period for a future public meeting due to time constraints. This date is still TBD. Please sign up for our e-alerts to be notified when this meeting occurs.