CB2 hearing: 07/20/2015
LPC hearing: 09/22/2015
Greenwich Village Historic District
Corner of Christopher and Gay Streets
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A loft building designed by Frederick C. Zobel and built in 1896-97 and later converted to an apartment house. Application is to legalize the replacement of storefront infill, alterations to windows, and installation of awnings, signage and menu box without Landmarks Preservation Commission permit(s).
2) View the application: Available in PDF
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF
5) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 11/11/2015: Decision posted
- 09/22/2015: Application was approved and is now closed. Two canopies on Gay Street can remain but the canopies over the smaller windows should be removed.
- 09/18/15: Application to be presented at LPC on 9/22 at 1:30pm
- 9/4/15: Application to be presented at LPC on 9/22
- 8/7/15: Application laid over at LPC. We will update this page when the hearing has been rescheduled.
- 7/27/15: LPC hearing scheduled for 8/11
- 7/21/15: Application presented at 7/20 CB2 hearing