APPROVED on 08/11/2015
LPC meeting: 08/11/2015
CB2 hearing: 06/16/2015
LPC hearing: 07/07/2015
Greenwich Village Historic District Ext. II
Corner of Cornelia and West 4th Streets
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Renaissance Revival style French Flats building with commercial ground floor designed by George Keister and built in 1890-91. Application is to remove a modern sidewalk cafe constructed prior to designation and install storefront infill and a railing. Zoned R 7-2, R5
2) View the application: Available in PDF
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF
5) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 11/11/2015: posted LPC decision
8/11/15: Application approved at today’s LPC public meeting, and is now closed.
- 8/7/15: LPC meeting scheduled for 8/11/15.
- 7/7/15: At today’s LPC hearing, the commissioners took no action on this application. They felt there should be consistency of window materials, either by keeping the existing metal windows or by keeping one bay metal and the rest wood. They also want the applicant to reconsider the proportions of the openings and consider the idea of a canopy here. The applicant will work with LPC staff and present revisions at a future public meeting, date TBD.