APPROVED on 09/28/2010

Greenwich Village Historic District

Between Greenwich Avenue & West 4th Street

An Italianate style rowhouse designed by Linus Scudder and built in 1857-57. Application is to demolish a skylight, construct a rooftop addition, and alter the rear facade.

This application is closed. Application approved September 28th, 2010.

Status as of September 28th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the September 28th, 2010 Landmarks Preservation Commission hearing, the Commission voted to approve the application.

Status as of September 16th, 2010
At the September 16th, 2010 Community Board 2 Landmarks and Public Aesthetics Committee hearing, the applicant presented a proposal that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on September 28th, 2010. The application is to:

1) Excavate the rear yard 18″ lower
2) Construct a rooftop addition
3) Reconfigure the existing front areaway
4) Reconfigure the rear facade by adding a balcony & spiral staircase and installing doors on the ground floor
5) Relocate the artist skylight

1969 Designation Report, published by the Landmarks Preservation Commission when they designated the Greenwich Village Historic District