APPROVED on 09/28/2010
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Greenwich Avenue & West 4th Street
An Italianate style rowhouse designed by Linus Scudder and built in 1857-57. Application is to demolish a skylight, construct a rooftop addition, and alter the rear facade.
This application is closed. Application approved September 28th, 2010.
Status as of September 28th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the September 28th, 2010 Landmarks Preservation Commission hearing, the Commission voted to approve the application.
Status as of September 16th, 2010:
At the September 16th, 2010 Community Board 2 Landmarks and Public Aesthetics Committee hearing, the applicant presented a proposal that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on September 28th, 2010. The application is to:
1) Excavate the rear yard 18‚Ä≥ lower
2) Construct a rooftop addition
3) Reconfigure the existing front areaway
4) Reconfigure the rear facade by adding a balcony & spiral staircase and installing doors on the ground floor
5) Relocate the artist skylight