CB2 hearing: 2/13/2023 – see below to register for the Zoom meeting. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, click HERE.
LPC hearing: 3/14/2023 – see below for instructions on participating in the virtual public hearing. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing. Click HERE for suggested guidelines for testimony from Village Preservation.
Greenwich Village Historic District
West 9th Street between Fifth Avenue and Sixth Avenue
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Restore front façade stoop and entrance, enlarge rear façade windows, replace existing two top floor extensions at existing rear ‘L’ addition, add elevator and stair bulkhead, extend chimneys, remove roof skylight, add roof railings, Lower rear yard to align with lowered basement level.olished gold finish.
2) View the application: 3/14/2023: Available in PDF; 2/13/2023: Available in PDF.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
February 13, 2023 at 6:30 PM via Zoom
Please register using the link below:
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance via webinar and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application). There is no time limit per se for testimony unless there are a number of people who are in attendance. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, click HERE.
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) virtual public hearing:
March 14, 2023 at 9:30 AM via YouTube and Zoom
Registration information: https://www.nyc.gov/site/lpc/hearings/hearings.page
- For instructions on how to participate in virtual LPC public hearings and meetings, click HERE and click HERE for the video tutorial.
- Sign up to speak HERE
- The Livestream of the hearing will be on YouTube and is available HERE
- Join the meeting on Zoom to testify when the item is announced HERE. (There is a three-minute time limit for testimony).
- To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to email@example.com by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing.
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, the LPC schedule for the hearing date with approximate hearing time will be posted on the LPC’s website. The LPC recommends that you start watching the meeting via YouTube 60 minutes prior in the event of schedule changes. Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance and testimony are welcome. This will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application. Following the hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
CB2 Manhattan recommends:
A. Approval of the front facade restoration, the entrance and stairs, and areaway modifications; and
B. Approval of the rear facade modifications and the windows on the lower floors; and
C. Approval of the modest amount of excavation provided that if underpinning of the neighboring properties is required that it conform to all regulations and be done with the greatest of care to avoid any damage to the house or the neighbors.
D. Approval in this exceptional case, of the plate glass in the upper floor punched openings to harmonize with the glass below and in the “L”addition; and
3/14/2023: LPC approved with modification of removing uppermost glass cube at rear facade.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.