APPROVED on 01/21/2014
LPC hearing: 01/07/2014
CB2 hearing: 11/18/2013
LPC meeting: 01/21/2014
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Fifth and Sixth Avenues
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A brick rowhouse, designed by Hugh Hardy and built in 1979. Application is to construct a new rear facade and a rooftop addition, and excavate at the cellar. Zoned R6.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: 1-21-14 LPC meeting (showing modifications to rear elevation); 1/7/14 LPC hearing
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 1/22/14: Revised application approved at yesterday’s LPC public meeting. See approved drawings here. This application is now closed.
- 1/17/14: Application scheduled for an LPC public meeting on 1/21.
- 1/8/14: At yesterday’s public hearing, the LPC did not vote on this application. Instead they asked that the applicant keep more of the original rear facade in their proposal. The LPC was fine with the rooftop addition and excavation portions of the proposal. The applicant will present at a future public meeting, date TBD.
- 12/19/13: Application scheduled for a public hearing at the LPC on 1/7/14.
- 12/6/13: This application has been laid over at the LPC and will not be presented at the 12/10 public hearing. Future hearing date TBD.
- 12/2/13: This application, which was presented at CB2’s Landmarks Committee on 11/19, will not be presented to the committee again on 12/2. Please disregard its inclusion on CB2’s website for the committee’s 12/2 agenda. We have confirmed this with CB2.
- 11/22/13: Application laid over at LPC and will not be presented on 11/26. As of now, it will be presented on Tuesday, December 10th.