APPROVED on 04/20/2010
NoHo Historic District Extension
Between Bowery & Lafayette Street
A Renaissance Revival style store and loft building designed by Buchman & Deisler and built in 1893. Application is to install sculpture on the facade.
This application is closed. Application approved on April 20, 2010.
A public hearing on this application took place at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on April 20th, 2010. The application was approved.
The applicant proposed to add nine additional sculptures to the building’s facade. The sculptures were to be (like those existing) made of gold-painted paper mache anchored into the building’s mortar joints. Each would stand approx. 4 ft tall, weigh approx. 3-4 lbs and be anchored in multiple places. The placement of the sculptures would stop just short of the top floor.