APPROVED on 03/01/2011
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 4th Street & Waverly Place
A transitional Greek Revival style rowhouse built in 1851. Application is to remove sheet metal window, lintels, and sills.
Status as of March 1st, 2011: LATEST NEWS
At the Landmarks Preservation Commission’s public hearing on March 1st, the Commission voted to approve the application with modifications. They asked that the applicant work with staff on adjusting the profile of the proposed brownstone lintels.
Status as of February 22nd, 2011:
At the Community Board 2 Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing on February 22nd, the architect presented a proposal that will be heard at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on March 1st. The proposal is to replace the existing tin lintels with stucco lintels (to mimic brownstone). Photos of the proposal are below: