CB2 hearing: 11/15/2018
LPC hearing: 01/08/2019 – No Action
LPC meeting: 03/12/2019
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 4th Street and Bleecker Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to add a 1-story rear addition plus cellar, excavation at cellar, add glass doors to existing 1st floor rear glass wall, remove c1930 rear house and redesign rear yard.
3) View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to see the video from 01/08/2019. Click HERE to see the video from 03/12/2019. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF.
6) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
7) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
03/12/2019: At today’s public meeting a revised application was presented which no longer called for the demolition of the rear house, but rather to maintain and alter it. This proposal was approved.
01/08/2019: At today’s LPC public hearing, no action was taken on this application and the applicant was instructed to revise the application and re-present it at a future public meeting. Most of the commissioners were against the demolition of the rear house.