Charlton-King-Vandam Historic District
Between Sixth Avenue & Varick Street
A Federal style rowhouse built in 1823. Application is to remove lintel covers, construct rooftop and rear yard additions, and excavate the rear yard.
Status as of June 15th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the June 15th, 2010 Landmarks Preservation Commission hearing, the application was approved.
Status as of June 7th, 2010:
At the June 7th, 2010 Community Board 2 public hearing, the applicant presented a proposal that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on June 15th, 2010. The applicant is proposing to:
1) Remove the existing 1927 rear addition and replace it with a new addition
2) Excavate the garden to create a subterranean room underneath
Although the Commission’s agenda states that the application is also for the removal of lintel covers and the construction of a rooftop addition, the applicant has noted that these are NOT part of the proposal. This application does not propose any changes to the front facade.