Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Bedford and Bleecker Streets
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A transitional Greek Revival/Italianate style townhouse built by Linus Scudder. Application is to excavate the cellar and rear yard. Zoned R6.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, April 1, 2013 at 6:30pm
Church of Our Lady of Pompeii, 25 Carmine St. Father Demo Hall
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 5/14/13: The applicant presented a revised proposal in which the excavation would stop five feet from the rear of the lot and two feet at either side. The commissioners voted to approve this application, which is now closed.
- 5/10/13: LPC public meeting scheduled for 5/14. Testimony is not taken, but the public is welcome to attend.
- 4/10/13: No vote was taken on this application at yesterday’s public meeting because the commissioners did not have a quorum (six are needed to vote). This application will be presented at a future public meeting, date TBD.