Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Greenwich Avenue & West 4th Street
A stable building built in 1870. Application is to paint the facade and install a display window.
This application is closed. Application approved June 15th, 2010.
Status as of June 15th, 2007: LATEST NEWS
At the June 15th, 2010 Landmarks Preservation Commission hearing, the application was approved. However, the Commission asked that the application work with LPC staff to refine the design of the fixed window to make it more appropriate.
Status as of June 7th, 2007:
At the June 7th, 2010 Community Board 2 hearing, the architect presented plans for a proposal that will be presented to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on June 15th, 2010. The proposal entails converting the ground floor from residential to commercial and making the following changes:
1) Painting the facade a cream color to match the designation photo (see below)
2) Replacing the metal door to the right of the garage door with a fixed steel-framed window
3) Replacing the existing garage door with a new door that would match the existing