APPROVED with modifications 02/09/2021
CB3 hearing: 01/11/2021 – see below for link to the Zoom meeting
LPC hearing: 02/09/2021 – see below for instruction on participating in the virtual public hearing
East Village/Lower East Side Historic District
Between First Avenue and Second Avenue
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB3 agenda: Construction of penthouse on rear roof, installation roof railing, and replacement of windows.
2) View the application: Available in PDF.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. To view the video from 02/09/2021, click HERE. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
02/09/2021: At today’s LPC public hearing this application was approved with modifications. The applicant was asked to work with staff to ensure that the windows were appropriate to the historic precedent and that the railing is in a material to make it the least visible possible.