APPROVED with modifications 11/22/2016
CB2 hearing: 09/15/2016
LPC hearing: 10/25/2016 – No action
LPC meeting: 11/22/2016
LPC hearing: 10/09/2018 – amendment to permit – APPROVED
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Jane Street and West 12th Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to convert a multi-family dwelling to a single-family dwelling, construct a rooftop addition, perform excavation, alter rear façade and replace windows.
3) View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to see the video from 11/22/2016. Click HERE to see the video from 10/09/2018. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) LPC Permit: Available in PDF.
6) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF.
7) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
8) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 10/09/2018: A public hearing was held to review an amenment to the permit to move the roof fireplace. It was approved.
- 11/22/2016: At today’s public meeting, the LPC approved this application with the following modifications: that the applicant work with staff to increase the amount of glazing at the studio window, use brick cladding at the sidewall of the rooftop addition, and set back the railings on the rooftop addition to reduce visibility.
- 10/25/2016: At today’s public hearing at the LPC, no action was taken on this application. The applicant was asked to come back at a future public meeting to resolve the issue of the bulkhead. The proposal was criticized primarily for the size of the rear/roof addition due to the bulkhead, which is required by DOB, according to the applicant, for access to the rooftop addition.