APPROVED on 04/20/2010
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Fifth & Sixth Avenues
A Greek Revival style rowhouse built in 1833 and altered in the early 20th century to accommodate storefronts at the first and second floors. Application is to legalize the installation of display windows without Landmarks Preservation Commission permits.
This application is closed. Application approved on April 20, 2010.
A public hearing on this application took place at the Landmarks Preservation Commission on April 20th, 2010. The application was approved.
Several years prior to the date of this application, the second floor windows had altered without permission from the Landmarks Preservation Commission. The applicant was thus proposing to legalize the windows by altering them again.
The proposal was to:
1) Make the windows appear more uniform by installing matching fixed windows in all of the lower panels and in the three smaller, upper center panels. The westernmost smaller, upper panel would be operable and would retain the AC unit. The easternmost smaller, upper window would be a pivot window.
2) Install a wooden, pin-mounted sign board below the windows. The signage (lettering) itself was not part of the proposal.