CB2 hearing: 6/16/2022 – See below to register for the Zoom meeting. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, click HERE.
LPC hearing: 6/28/2022 – see below for instructions on participating in the virtual public hearing. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing. Click HERE for suggested guidelines for testimony from Village Preservation.
LPC meeting: 8/9/2022 – see below for instructions on participating in the virtual public meeting. Public attendance is welcome, but spoken public testimony is not. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to email@example.com by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing. Click HERE for suggested guidelines for testimony from Village Preservation.
Greenwich Village Historic District
West 11th Street between Greenwich Street and Washington St.
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to adaptively re-use and convert 1st to 5th floors to residential use; restore front (north) façade windows and cornice; alter window configuration on 5th floor; modify ground floor altered storefront; remove portion of the rear (south façade) of building to provide rear yard; re-fenestrate side facades (east and west); add 6th floor and penthouse; and update mechanicals, elevators, stairs and bulkheads.
2) View the application: 8/9/2022: Available in PDF; 6/16/2022: Available in PDF; 6/14/2022: Available in PDF.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
June 16, 2022 at 6:30pm via Zoom
Please register using the link below:
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance via webinar and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application). There is no time limit per se for testimony unless there are a number of people who are in attendance. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, click HERE.
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) virtual public hearing:
June 28, 2022 at 9:30am via YouTube and Zoom.
Registration information to come.
- For instructions on how to participate in virtual LPC public hearings and meetings, click HERE and click HERE for the video tutorial.
- Sign up to speak HERE
- The Livestream of the hearing will be on YouTube and is available HERE
- Join the meeting on Zoom to testify when the item is announced HERE. (There is a three-minute time limit for testimony).
- To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing.
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, the LPC schedule for the hearing date with approximate hearing time will be posted on the LPC’s website. The LPC recommends that you start watching the meeting via YouTube 60 minutes prior in the event of schedule changes. Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance and testimony are welcome. This will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application. Following the hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
3) Landmarks Preservation Commission public meeting:
August 9, 2022 at 9:30am via Zoom and YouTube
Registration information available here: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/lpc/hearings/hearings.page.
See instructions for participating in virtual public hearings and meetings here. On the Friday afternoon before the meeting, please click the agenda link on the LPC website for the approximate meeting time (the LPC recommends that you arrive to the virtual meeting 60 minutes prior). The Livestream of the meeting will be on YouTube and is available HERE. Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance is welcome but public testimony is not. You can submit your comments to the LPC via email regarding the revised application to email@example.com and please do so no later than noon on the Monday before the public meeting. Following the meeting, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
6/16/2022: CB2 Recommends:
A. Approval of the front facade provided that the residential entry doors be more substantial and of a historic character and that the color of the ground floor is considerably lighter than illustrated in the presentation; and
B. Approval of the demolition of the rear wall and a section of the side walls; and
C. Approval of the rear wall lot line windows; and
D. Denial of the three-level roof top addition unless it is reduced to the height of the proposed penthouse (lowest) level.
6/28/2022: LPC Public Hearing – NO ACTION.
Applicant asked to work with staff to reduce the visibility of the rooftop addition, select more appropriate materials, retain the fanlights, and evaluate the integrity of the rear facade.
8/9/2022: LPC Public Meeting – Approved contingent on working with staff to refine materials.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.