APPROVED on 09/21/2010
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between Hudson & Greenwich Streets
An Italianate style French flats with store building designed by Charles Mettam and built in 1870. Application is to install signage.
This application is closed. Application approved September 21st, 2010.
Status as of September 21st, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the September 21st Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing, the Commission voted to approve the application.
Status as of September 13th, 2010:
At the September 13th, 2010 Community Board 2 Landmarks and Public Aesthetics Committee hearing, the applicant presented a proposal that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on September 21st, 2010. The application is to install:
1) Two dark gray blade signs (each approx 1.5′ x 7′) hanging from the existing metal canopy that would be lit by two spotlights hidden inside the canopy;
2) Non-illuminated, “dangling” letters spelling “Rebecca Taylor” that would be affixed to the front of the canopy by short metal rods;
3) Polished silver letters bonded to the glass storefront with clear adhesive;
4) Dark gray pendant downlights hanging from the canopy