APPROVED on 09/21/2010
Greenwich Village Historic District
Northeast corner of Charles Street
A French Second Empire style multi-family dwelling with ground floor stores constructed in 1868 and designed by Henry Engelbert. Application is to install storefront infill and signage.
This application is closed. Application approved September 21st, 2010.
Status as of September 21st, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the September 21st Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing, the Commission voted to approve the application.
Status as of September 13th, 2010:
At the September 13th, 2010 Community Board 2 Landmarks and Public Aesthetics Committee hearing, the applicant presented a proposal that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on September 21st, 2010. The application is to alter the storefront. This would involve removing the existing awnings, replacing the multi-pane windows with single-pane windows, and painting the storefront black.