CB2 hearing: 03/11/202
LPC hearing: 04/06/2021 – No Action
LPC meeting: TBD – see below for instruction on participating in the virtual public meeting. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to email@example.com by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the meeting. Click HERE for suggested guidelines for written testimony from Village Preservation.
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between Washington Street and Ninth Avenue
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to replace existing front facade and storefront, install a rear addition, and remediate existing roof conditions.
2) View the application: Available in PDF.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 6:30pm
Please register at the following link:
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance via webinar and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application). There is no time limit per se for testimony unless there are a number of people who are in attendance. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, click HERE.
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 10:15
- For instructions on how to participate in virtual LPC public hearings and meetings, click HERE and click HERE for the video tutorial.
- Sign up to speak HERE
- The Livestream of the hearing will be on YouTube and is available HERE
- Join the meeting on Zoom to testify when the item is announced HERE. (There is a three-minute time limit for testimony).
- To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing.
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, the LPC schedule for the hearing date with approximate hearing time will be posted on the LPC’s website. The LPC recommends that you start watching the meeting via YouTube 45 minutes prior in the event of schedule changes. Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance and testimony are welcome. Note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application. Following the hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
3) Landmarks Preservation Commission public meeting:
See instructions for participating in virtual public hearings and meetings here.
To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the meeting, send it to email@example.com by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the meeting.
On the Friday afternoon before the meeting, please click the agenda link on the LPC website for the approximate meeting time (the LPC recommends that you arrive to the virtual meeting 60 minutes prior). The Livestream of the meeting will be on YouTube and is available HERE. Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance is welcome but public testimony is not. You can submit your comments to the LPC via email regarding the revised application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Following the meeting, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
04/06/2021 – At today’s hearing, the LPC took no action. The commissioners agreed that the design was very attractive but many questioned its appropriateness within the Gansevoort Market Historic District. The applicant was asked to restudy the design to see if it could relate better to its context.