APPROVED on 07/20/2010
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between Ninth Avenue & Washington Street
An Italianate style warehouse designed by Joseph M. Dunn and built in 1887, and a factory building designed by S.W. Johnson, built in 1874 and altered in 1917 and 1940-1980. Application is to replace storefront infill and install signage.
This application is closed. Application approved July 20th, 2010.
Status as of July 20th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the July 20th public hearing, the Landmarks Preservation Commission approved the application.
Status as of July 12th, 2010:
The originally-scheduled July 13th public hearing at the Landmarks Preservation Commission has been postponed to July 20th, 2010.
Status as of July 6th, 2010:
At the July 6th Community Board 2 public hearing, the architect presented plans that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on July 13th. The applicant is proposing to reconfigure the storefront by placing a recessed door in the center and fixed windows on either side (currently, the window is in the center and doors exist on either side; this will be reversed). The framing, which is currently aluminum, is proposed to be steel. Transom windows with diamond-wire glass panes would be placed above the doors and fixed windows. The proposal also involves placing two vinyl ‚ÄúLevi’s‚Äù decals on the door and hanging a sign from the existing canopy.