Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Fifth and Sixth Avenues
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Greek Revival style house designed by James Harriot and built in 1840-41 with an addition built by Paul Rudolph in the 1970s. Application is to construct a rooftop addition, rebuild the existing rear extension, and excavate the cellar and rear yard. Zoned R6QH.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Available in PDF.
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, February 25, 2013 at 6:30pm
Grace Church School, 86 Fourth Avenue, Tuttle Hall
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 3/5/13: Approved at today’s LPC hearing, and is now closed.
- 2/21/13: Rescheduled at CB2 for 2/25 and LPC for 3/5.
- 1/24/13: According to Community Board 2, this application has been laid over at CB2 and LPC. Future date TBD.