CB2 hearing: 07/14/2014
LPC hearing: 07/22/2014
LPC meeting: 08/05/2014
Individual Landmark & NoHo Historic District
Between Waverly and Astor Places
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Greek Revival style townhouse with a two-story Corinthian colonnade, attributed to Seth Geer, and built in 1832-33. Application is to install a marquee, signage and lighting.
2) View the application: Available in PDF
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, July 14, 2014 at 6:30pm
194 Mercer Street, room 306
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public meeting:
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 08/05/2014: LPC approved this application