CB3 hearing: 10/20/2021
LPC hearing: 12/14/2021 – see below for instruction on participating in the virtual public hearing. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to email@example.com by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing. Click HERE for suggested guidelines for testimony from Village Preservation.
East Village/Lower East Side Historic District
Second Avenue between East 2nd Street and East 3rd Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB3 agenda: A pair of Italianate style tenement buildings designed by John O’Neil and built in 1867. Application is to construct a rooftop addition.
2) View the application: Available via YouTube Presentation.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 3 public hearing:
October 20, 2021
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB3’s Landmarks Committee public hearing. Public attendance via webinar and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) virtual public hearing:
December 14, 2021 at 9:30am via Zoom
For instructions on how to participate in virtual LPC public hearings and meetings, click HERE and click HERE for the video tutorial.
- Sign up to speak TBD
- The Livestream of the hearing will be on YouTube and is available HERE
- Join the meeting on Zoom to testify when the item is announced HERE
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, the LPC schedule for the hearing date with approximate hearing time will be posted on the LPC’s website. Once it is available, we will also post it here. The LPC recommends that you start watching the meeting via YouTube 60 minutes prior in the event of schedule changes. If you cannot attend the hearing, you may submit testimony by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application). Following the hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
3) Email Community Board 3 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.