APPROVED with modifications 03/07/2017
CB2 hearing: 07/14/2016
CB2 hearing: 11/10/2016 – REVISED APPLICATION
LPC hearing: 11/15/2016 – sidewalk only (see 7/14/2016 application) – APPROVED
LPC hearing: 12/06/2016 – revised application – No Action
LPC meeting: 03/07/2017
Click HERE to view GVSHP’s letter to the LPC
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between Ninth Avenue and Washington Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Revised Application, as of 11/10/2016, is to replace the granite sidewalk in-kind, alter the storefront, paint new windows, construct a rooftop addition, raise the parapets at the roof, install a new cornice, and install a glass wind screen at the roof.
3)View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to view video from 03/07/2017. Click HERE to view video from 12/06/2016. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
6) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
7) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 03/07/2017: At today’s public hearing, the LPC approved with the modification of making the proposed cornice larger as per the original proposal. It was justified as more historically accurate and the larger size would help further block the visibility of the windscreen.
- 12/06/2016: At today’s public hearing, the LPC took no action on this application. The Commissioners felt that the windscreen and rooftop addition were too prominent and said that there were a number of solutions which could accommodate the proposed program for the building without such visibility. The applicant was asked to revise their proposal and re-present at a future public meeting.
- 11/15/2016: At today’s public hearing, the LPC approved the sidewalk replacement portion of the application.