NoHo Historic District
Between Houston & Bleecker Streets
An office building designed by H.J. Schwarzmann & Co. and built in 1882-83. Application is to alter storefront infill installed in non-compliance with Certificate of No Effect 06-5427.
This application is closed. Application approved on February 9, 2010.
A public hearing on this application was held on November 10th, 2009. On that day, the Commission made no decision, but asked the applicant to return at a later date.
On February 9th, 2010, the applicant returned to the Commission with a revised proposal, which the Commission approved.A rowhouse with Italianate-style elements built in 1856. Application is toinstall a painted wall sign.
This proposal was put forth by the applicant in order to correct a violation issued for the installation of cinderblocks without a permit. In the initial proposal (presented to the Commission on November 10, 2009), the applicant did not propose to remove the cinderblocks. The proposal was to simply cover up the cinderblocks with black painted glass and bulkheads. The cinderblocks would have remained.
The revised proposal, presented to the Commission on February 10th, 2010, involved replacing the cinderblocks with display windows.
The following are photos of the initial proposal (scroll all the way to the bottom for a photo of the revised, approved proposal):
The following photo is of the revised proposal, approved on February 9th, 2010: