CB3 hearing: 03/15/2016 – applicant asked to present again at a future meeting (see below)
CB3 hearing: 04/19/2016
LPC hearing: 05/03/2016
LPC meeting: 10/30/2018 – amendment to the approved certificate of appropriateness permit
East Village/Lower East Side Historic District
Between Second Avenue and Bowery
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB3 agenda: Application is for an addition to the store front of the building to expand the lobby space outward to the existing property line, as well as a facade redesign for the new store front addition.
3) View CB3 Resolution: Available in PDF
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. To view the hearing on 05/03/2016, click HERE. Click HERE to see the video from 10/30/2018. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF
6) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
7) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
10/30/2018: This amenmentto the original approval was approved by the LPC.
05/03/2016: Application approved at LPC hearing.
03/15/2016: CB3 asked the applicant to make modifications to the design and return at a future meeting. The requested modifications were: lower the height of the addition to the lobby ceiling height, design the front of the addition such that it takes its cues from the upper historic fenestration and address the color of the cornice and lintels and change the color of the addition to match or compliment the color of the cornice and lintels.