CB2 hearing: 11/15/2021 – see below to register for the Zoom meeting. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, click HERE.
LPC hearing: 12/14/2021 – see below for instructions on participating in the virtual public hearing. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to email@example.com by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing. Click HERE for suggested guidelines for testimony from Village Preservation.
Individual Landmark in the NoHo Historic District
Bleecker Street between Broadway and Lafayette Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to establish a master plan for a hand painted advertising sign.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
November 15, 2021 at 6:30pm via Zoom
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance via webinar and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application). There is no time limit per se for testimony unless there are a number of people who are in attendance. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, click HERE.
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) virtual public hearing:
December 14, 2021 at 9:30am via Zoom
- For instructions on how to participate in virtual LPC public hearings and meetings, click HERE and click HERE for the video tutorial.
- Sign up to speak HERE
- The Livestream of the hearing will be on YouTube and is available HERE
- Join the meeting on Zoom to testify when the item is announced HERE. (There is a three-minute time limit for testimony).
- To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing.
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, the LPC schedule for the hearing date with approximate hearing time will be posted on the LPC’s website. The LPC recommends that you start watching the meeting via YouTube 60 minutes prior in the event of schedule changes. Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance and testimony are welcome. This will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application. Following the hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
A. The sign appears to conform to the regulations for signs in the district as applied to the building; and
B. Its position, though conforming to the regulation for distance from the front façade, visually intrudes onto the sophisticated detailing that turns the corner from the front façade into the secondary façade and can be moved to the north to the north by 5’ to give more space between the detailing and the sign; and
C. The one-story building on the eastern portion of the property is a part of the building and it does not obscure a clear view of the sign if it were moved 5’ to the north; now
Therefore be it resolved that CB2, Man. recommends approval of the sign with the provision that it be moved 5’ to the north and that Landmarks Commission staff ensures that it conforms to regulations for the district as applied to this building.
Vote: Unanimous, with 37 Board members in favor.
J.Lutfy – M.Goldblum, 11-0-0
Action: Approved with modifications
M.Goldblum – D.Chapin, 6-5-0
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.