Application did not return for review by LPC
LPC meeting: TBD
LPC hearing: 7/10/2012 – no action
CB2 hearing: 06/11/2012
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between Washington and Greenwich Streets
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A tenement built by John Glass in 1880-81, altered and combined into a two-story market building by Voorhees, Foley, Walker & Smith in 1940. Application is to install an internally illuminated bracket sign.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing: Monday, June 11, 2012 at 6:30 P.M. at
The NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 411
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing: LAID OVER
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please check the LPC public calendar on the right-hand side of their website for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
Latest News – June 10, 2012: This application was heard at the LPC on July 10th, and the Commission took a vote of no action. They felt that the sign was not appropriate and asked that the applicant return with revisions at a future public meeting, date TBD.
June 15, 2012: This application has been laid over at the LPC. Future hearing date TBD.
June 13, 2012: This application was heard at CB2 and is next scheduled to be heard at the LPC on June 19th. Public attendance and testimony welcome at that time.