APPROVED with modifications 05/05/2015
CB2 hearing: 03/16/2015
LPC hearing: 05/05/2015
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Sixth Avenue and Washington Square West
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Greek Revival style rowhouse built in 1847. Application is to install a stoop gate, excavate the full lot, and construct rooftop and rear yard additions.
2) View the application: Available in PDF
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF
5) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 5/5/15: At today’s LPC hearing, this application was approved with modifications. The commissioners asked that the applicant lower the rear extension so that the existing top floor windows remain intact. They also asked that the rooftop addition be set back from the rear facade. In addition, they asked that the stoop gate at the front facade be removed. This application is now closed.