Amendment approved 02/02/2013
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 12th Street, Seventh Avenue and Greenwich Avenue
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A brick building built in the mid-1980s and designed by Ferrenz and Taylor. Application is to amend Certificate of Appropriateness 12-7254 for the demolition of the building and the construction of the park.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Modified design approved on February 5, 2013
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 2/5/13: Amended application approved at today’s LPC meeting. Changes were based on feedback the design team received from the Public Design Commission, which is part of the Parks Department. The biggest changes are the removal of the plantings and the oculus from the structure, which was done in an attempt to simplify the design of the memorial. The metal slats are now thinner to allow for more light underneath the structure. The backs of the bench seating were lowered to 6″ high and handicapped seating was added at the eastern end.
- 11/27/12: Application approved at LPC today, and is now closed.