CB2 hearing: 11/12/2020
LPC hearing: 12/08/2020
Between East 12th Street and East 13th Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to construct a three-story rooftop addition with elevator bulkhead; restore existing Broadway façade-remove and replace non-historic parts of storefront infill, install a new cornice, remove and replace non-historic windows, and clean/repair the façade.
2) View the application: Available in PDF.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 6:30pm
Please register at the following link:
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance via webinar and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, December 8, 2020, time TBD
For instructions for how to participate in virtual LPC public hearings and meetings, click HERE.
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (the LPC recommends that you arrive 60 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application). Following the hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.