LPC Public Meeting: 05/09/2023 – APPROVED
LPC Public Meeting: 04/18/2023 – Laid over
LPC Meeting: 01/19/2021 – APPROVED with modifications
LPC Hearing: 12/15/2020 – No Action
LPC Hearing: 12/08/2020 – Read into the Record
CB2 Hearing: 11/12/2020
Between East 12th Street and East 13th Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A pair of Italianate style commercial palaces with neo-Grec style elements, designed by Griffith Thomas and built in 1866-67. Application is to amend an approval to construct rooftop additions and install storefronts and signage.
3) View the CB2 Resolution, 11/30/2020: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. To view the video from 12/15/2020, click HERE and to view the video from 1/19/2021, click HERE. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) virtual public hearing:
May 9, 2023 at approximately 11:00 AM via YouTube and Zoom
Registration information: https://www.nyc.gov/site/lpc/hearings/hearings.page
- For instructions on how to participate in virtual LPC public hearings and meetings, click HERE and click HERE for the video tutorial.
- The Livestream of the hearing will be on YouTube and is available HERE
- To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to email@example.com by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing.
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, the LPC schedule for the hearing date with approximate hearing time will be posted on the LPC’s website. The LPC recommends that you start watching the meeting via YouTube 60 minutes prior in the event of schedule changes. Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
05/09/2023: LPC Approved
04/18/2023: LPC public meeting, laid over (not presented on this date)
01/19/2021: At today’s public meeting, the Commission approved this application with the modifications that the applicant build a full mock-up prior to construction to confirm that the visibility as shown in the application is accurate and that monitoring is built into the construction schedule to ensure that the construction adheres to what was approved.
12/15/2020: At today’s public hearing, the Commission took no action on this application. Most of the Commissioners asked that the tower and the addition over Nos. 827-831 Broadway be reduced.