APPROVED with modifications 01/19/2021
CB2 hearing: 11/12/2020
LPC hearing: 12/08/2020 – Read into the Record
LPC hearing: 12/15/2020 – No Action
LPC meeting: 01/19/2021
Between East 12th Street and East 13th Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to construct a three-story rooftop addition with elevator bulkhead; restore existing Broadway façade-remove and replace non-historic parts of storefront infill, install a new cornice, remove and replace non-historic windows, and clean/repair the façade.
3) View the CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. To view the video from 12/15/2020, click HERE and to view the video from 1/19/2021, click HERE. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
01/19/2021: At today’s public meetings, the Commission approved this application with the modifications that the applicant build a full mock-up prior to construction to confirm that the visibility as shown in the application is accurate and that monitoring is built into the construction schedule to ensure that the construction adheres to what was approved.
12/15/2020: At today’s public hearing, the Commission took no action on this application. Most of the Commissioners asked that the tower and the addition over Nos.827-831 Broadway be reduced.