APPROVED on 12/14/2010
MacDougal-Sullivan Gardens Historic District
Between Bleecker & West Houston Streets
A rowhouse built in 1844 and remodeled in the neo-Federal style by Hyde and Joannes in the 1920’s. Application is to construct a rooftop addition.
Status as of December 14th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
The applicant presented the revised proposal to the Landmarks Preservation Commission at a public meeting on December 14th. The revisions included changing the proposed material of the penthouse to glass and steel (as opposed to stucco, which was originally proposed) and reducing the size of the proposed penthouse by narrowing it on the sides. The height did change from what was originally proposed, nor did the depth the penthouse would be set back from the front and rear facades. The Commission voted to approve the revised application.
Photos of the revised application are below: