2023 Village Awards Nominations Are Now Open!
Nominations open today for the 2023 Annual Village Awards. Called “the Oscars of the Village,” these awards showcase the small businesses, local institutions, and outstanding individuals and organizations, and places that have made a significant contribution to the special quality of life in Greenwich Village, the East Village, and NoHo.
The awards will be presented at a public ceremony as part of Village Preservation’s annual meeting in early June — stay tuned for date and location!
Past awardees, employees or trustees of Village Preservation, and entities located outside of Greenwich Village, the East Village, and NoHo are not eligible. See our list of all prior awardees here.
Past awardees represent the diversity and uniqueness of our neighborhoods; some highlights include:
- Zinc Bar and Astor Place Hair Stylists in 2022.
- Check out Casa Magazines, a 2021 winner, and B&H Dairy, a 2017 award winner.
- Also honored in 2021 was the Hudson Park Branch of the NYPL.
- The High Line and NYC AIDS Memorial are two past awardees that bring life and community to our public spaces, honored in 2010 and 2017, respectively.
- More than 250 awards have been given as part of the Village Awards since 1991. See the full list here.
Check out the awards ceremony from 2022 above, with Penny Arcade as our esteemed Emcee.
Need some inspriation for your nomination? Check out our special award winner from 2023, RAZOM!