43 MacDougal Street
43 MacDougal Street is a Greek Revival rowhouse built in 1846 and located within the Charlton-King-Vandam Historic District. For several years, the building sat vacant and deteriorating, causing problems of vermin and blight, and threatening the historic integrity of the neighborhood. Village Preservation worked with neighbors to pressure city agencies to take action against the deplorable conditions at the building and to make repairs themselves and charge the owner if necessary. In the late 2010s, a new owner finally repaired and restored the historic building.
Letter to LPC 10/11/2012
Village Preservation letter to Landmarks Preservation Commission about moving ahead with restoration 10/18/2011
Documenting the Neglect 08/17/2009