Renwick Row Interior, 26 West 10th Street
26 West 10th Street is part of a row of ten Anglo Italianate row houses at #20-38 West built in 1856 and attributed to architect James Renwick, Jr. This “terrace” of brownstone houses was built by James F.D. Lanier and his father-in-law James Winslow. It is believed to be one of only two surviving rows of houses by the celebrated 19th century architect (who also designed St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Grace Church) in all of New York City.
These pictures show the interior of No. 26 and were taken c. 1901 and procured by the residents at the time, the Moir family. Note the high ceilings, ornamental plaster work, original fireplace mantels and over mantel mirrors.