129 MacDougal Street, detail
Built in 1828-29, it is one of 13 federal style houses in Lower Manhattan which Village Preservation and the NY Landmarks Conservancy proposed for landmark designation in 2002. The house is among the 10 of the 13 which were landmarked, individually designated in 2004 and also designated as part as of the South Village Historic District which Village Preservation advocated for in 2013. Through Village Preservation’s efforts, it was also listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places in 2013.
129 MacDougal Street via Google Streetview.
From: Susan De Vries — Federal Rowhouses in Lower ManhattanView Full Collection
Copyright restrictions may apply. Permission to publish or reproduce must be secured from Village Preservation.