440 West 15th Street
This 1893 structure was built by William Waldorf Astor to house a fleet of electric cars for the Nabisco Factory and headquarters across the street (now Chelsea Market). Village Preservation proposed and secured landmark designation for this and surrounding buildings as part of the Gansevoort Market Historic District in 2003, and got the buildings and district listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places in 2007.
440 West 15th Street via Google Streetview.
From: Susan De Vries — Architecture CollectionView Full Collection
Copyright restrictions may apply. Permission to publish or reproduce must be secured from Village Preservation.