58 Bleecker Street rear facade with dormers
Built 1822-23 by James Roosevelt, great grandfather of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, this federal house was landmarked in 1999 as part of the NoHo Historic District designation. In 2018 Village Preservation placed a plaque on the building marking its service as home to the first hospital run by and for women, led by Elizabeth Blackwell, the first woman doctor in America.
58 Bleecker via Google Streetview.
From: Susan De Vries — Federal Rowhouses in Lower ManhattanView Full Collection
Copyright restrictions may apply. Permission to publish or reproduce must be secured from Village Preservation.