The Tunnel Garage was built in 1922 during the early automobile age, ushering in the engineering marvel of its time, the Holland Tunnel. GVSHP sought landmark designation for the building, but the City refused, and it was demolished in 2006.

Click here to read about the history of the Tunnel Garage.

From: Tunnel Garage
View Full Collection

Copyright restrictions may apply. Permission to publish or reproduce must be secured from Village  Preservation