CB2 hearing: 3/16/2022
LPC hearing: 6/7/2022 – LAID OVER
LPC hearing: 1/10/2023 – NO ACTION
LPC meeting: TBD – see below for instructions on participating in the virtual public meeting. Public attendance is welcome, but public spoken testimony is not permitted. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing. Click HERE for suggested guidelines for testimony from Village Preservation.
Individual Landmark in the Greenwich Village Historic District Extension
Charles Street between Washington Street and Greenwich Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to install a dormer at the rear of the pitched roof, alter the rear facade, excavate to the rear lot line, and to connect the house to the back house that stands at the rear of the lot underground, and to enlarge openings at the back house.
2) View the application: 1/10/2023: Available in PDF; 6/7/2022: Available in PDF; 3/16/2022: Available in PDF.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
March 16, 2022 at 6:30 PM via Zoom
Please register using the link below:
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance via webinar and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application). There is no time limit per se for testimony unless there are a number of people who are in attendance. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, click HERE.
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) virtual public hearing:
January 10, 2023 at 9:30 AM via YouTube and Zoom.
Registration information to come.
- For instructions on how to participate in virtual LPC public hearings and meetings, click HERE and click HERE for the video tutorial.
- Sign up to speak HERE
- The Livestream of the hearing will be on YouTube and is available HERE
- Join the meeting on Zoom to testify when the item is announced HERE. (There is a three-minute time limit for testimony).
- To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, send it to email@example.com by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing.
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, the LPC schedule for the hearing date with approximate hearing time will be posted on the LPC’s website. The LPC recommends that you start watching the meeting via YouTube 60 minutes prior in the event of schedule changes. Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance and testimony are welcome. This will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application. Following the hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
3) Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) public meeting:
TBD via YouTube and Zoom.
Registration information to come.
See instructions for participating in virtual public hearings and meetings here. On the Friday afternoon before the meeting, please click the agenda link on the LPC website for the approximate meeting time (the LPC recommends that you arrive to the virtual meeting 60 minutes prior). The Livestream of the meeting will be on YouTube and is available HERE. Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance is welcome but public testimony is not. You can submit your comments to the LPC via email regarding the revised application to firstname.lastname@example.org and please do so no later than noon on the Monday before the public meeting. Following the meeting, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
CB2, Man. recommends:
A. Approval of the excavation provided that all regulations are followed to prevent harm to the property and to neighboring properties; and
B. Approval of the rear dormer structure and the rooftop; and
C. Denial of the windows in the rear façade, the rear dormer and in the rear house ground floor and recommends that they instead be wooden, historically referenced with small panes and that in the parlor and second floors of the main house the punched, tripartite design remains.
D. Denial of the change of the window in the horse walk door and of the proposed alterations to the horse walk that is an integral part of the character of the house, and which is visible through the window from the sidewalk and is of special importance to this individual landmark.
LPC Public Hearing 6/7/2022: LAID OVER
LPC Public Hearing 1/10/2023: NO ACTION
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.