APPROVED with modifications on 05/05/2015

CB2 hearing: 04/20/2015
LPC hearing: 05/05/2015

Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Waverly Place and Greenwich Avenue


1) From the LPC agenda: Two Greek Revival style townhouses built in 1845-1846 and combined and altered in the early 20th century. Application is to legalize and modify alterations made to the facade and areaway and the installation of key boxes and intercoms, all without Landmarks Preservation Commission permit(s); and to modify the areaway and install fencing.

2) View the application: Available in PDF

3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.

4) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF

5) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description (under 4, 10, 16-22 Charles Street).

6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.


This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.

Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).

STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.

As of:

  • 5/5/15: At today’s LPC hearing, this application was approved with modifications. The commissioners asked that the applicant paint the facade in a light color to unify the base and the upper floors (and to more closely reflect the look of the facade as it existed historically). This application is now closed.