APPROVED with modifications 04/05/2016
Amendment approved 09/19/2017
CB2 hearing: 03/21/2016
LPC hearing: 04/05/2016
LPC meeting: 09/19/2017 – amendment to certificate of appropriateness
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Waverly Place and Greenwich Avenue
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to construct a rooftop addition, alter ground-floor entrances. excavate the cellar, and modify courtyard elevations.
3) View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to view the video from the public meeting on 9/19/2017. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) View LPC Permit: Available in PDF.
6) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
7) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
09/19/2017 – At today’s LPC hearing, the amendment for the previously approved certificate of appropriateness was approved.
04/05/2016 – LPC approved this application with the following modification: minimize necessary roof top additions in terms of both coverage and height and any extemporaneous additions, i.e. pergola, would not be visible or removed.