CB2 hearing: 12/10/2020 – see below to register for the Zoom meeting
LPC hearing: 01/12/2021 – no action
LPC meeting: TBD – see below for instructions on participating in the virtual public hearing
NoHo Historic District Extension
Between Lafayette Street and Bowery
Visit our Merchant’s House Museum advocacy page for more information on how you can take action.
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to demolish an existing one-story garage and construct a new building.
2) View the application: Available in PDF.
3) View the CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Thursday, December 10, 2020 at 6:30pm
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance via webinar and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 3:15pm
- For instructions on how to participate in virtual LPC public hearings and meetings, click HERE and click HERE for the video tutorial.
- Sign up to speak HERE
- The Livestream of the hearing will be on YouTube and is available HERE
- Join the meeting on Zoom to testify when the item is announced HERE
The LPC recommends that you start watching the meeting via YouTube 60 minutes prior in the event of schedule changes. If you cannot attend the hearing, you may submit testimony by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the hearing to email@example.com. Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application). Following the hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
3) Landmarks Preservation Commission public meeting:
See instructions for participating in virtual public hearings and meetings here.
On the Friday afternoon before the meeting, please click the agenda link on the LPC website for the approximate meeting time (the LPC recommends that you arrive to the virtual meeting 60 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance is welcome but public testimony is not. You can submit your comments to the LPC via email regarding the revised application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Following the meeting, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
4) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
01/12/2021: At today’s LPC public hearing, the Commission took no action. Due to the length of the hearing, the Commissioners have postponed their discussion and decision until a future public meeting. A significant number of people including elected officials, preservation groups and members of the public spoke vehemently against the proposal.