CB2 hearing: 4/13/2023 – see below to register for the Zoom meeting. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, click HERE.
Greenwich Village Historic District
Eighth Avenue and Jane Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to return the house to a single-family residence and alter the entryway allowing the entry door to be level with the sidewalk, add a stair bulkhead for access to the roof, and renovate the interior to align rear floors with the front levels.
2) View the application: Available in PDF.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Available in PDF.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
April 13, 2023 at 6:30 PM via Zoom
Please register using the link below:
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance via webinar and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application). There is no time limit per se for testimony unless there are a number of people who are in attendance. To submit written testimony of any length in advance of the hearing, click HERE.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
4/13/2023: CB2 recommends denial and return of the applicant to CB2 upon edits to the presented application — the rear façade needs to preserve the historic layout of window heights. Concern over the stucco band in the front, as well as the window above the door.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.