Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 4th Street and Seventh Avenue South
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A rowhouse built in 1869. Application is to construct a rear yard addition. Zoned R-6.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Available in PDF (9-24-12 presentation); Available in PDF (10-15-12 presentation)
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, October 15, 2012
194 Mercer Street, Room 203
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please check the LPC public calendar on the right-hand side of their website for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! To be updated on the status of this application as soon as we find out more, please click here for our e-alerts.
- 1/16/13: Approved at the LPC public meeting on 1/15. The applicant presented the same proposal that wasn’t approved at the public hearing, but was approved at this meeting with a different set of commissioners. The application is now closed.
- 1/11/13: LPC public meeting scheduled for 1/15.
- 12/5/12: LPC did not vote on this application at their 12/4 hearing. Instead they asked that the rear elevation be lowered; the applicant will return with revisions at a future public meeting, date TBD.
- 11/30/12: LPC hearing scheduled for 12/4.
- 10/29/12: Postponed due to Hurricane Sandy; future date TBD.
- 10/19/12: The original LPC hearing date of 10/23 has been postponed until 10/30.
- 10/4/12: Rescheduled for LPC hearing on 10/23.
- 10/1/12: Laid over at LPC. Future date TBD.