7 East 7th Street
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: An Italianate style brownstone clad school building designed by Frederick A. Paterson and built in 1853-59 with late stucco clad rooftop additions. Application is to extend the temporary installation of a sculpture.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Available in PDF.
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like Village Preservation to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 3 public hearing:
Not Determined – You can view this application in person at the Landmarks Preservation Commission’s materials viewing on Friday, November 30, 2012, 10am-2pm, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor, public hearing room (it will also be available on this page Friday afternoon).
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB3‚Ä≤s Landmarks Subcommittee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please check the LPC public calendar on the right-hand side of their website for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 3 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 12/5/12: Application approved at the 12/4 LPC hearing, and is now closed.